Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our second 4food Spotlight features Michael Rodgers, inventor of the MGR Lamb Burger,  #3 in this week’s chart, and at 522 sold to date and counting, by far the best selling lamb (W)holeburger of all time (though Lamb of God at #10 this week looks to have four legs and a tale to tell). In recognition of Michael’s success 4food has agreed to donate 25 cents for every burger sold from the Buildboard Chart this week to St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children, a not-for-profit healthcare organization committed to improving the health and quality of life for children and families with special needs. St. Mary’s serves over 4,000 kids a day in and around NYC and is, as per Michael, “an AWESOME place!”

Recognizing Michael’s contribution to 4food and St. Mary’s contribution to New York City, Michael (Shuman) and I will both match 4food’s contribution.  You can do your part by purchasing burgers off the chart.

The Interview:
1.    What caused you to build your first (W)holeburger? 
       ==>    I liked the concept of being able to select exactly what I wanted on a burger.
2.    What was your influence/intent in building your burger? 
       ==>    I was hungry for a good burger that I wouldn't feel guilty about eating.
3.    Did you have a specific inspiration? 
       ==>    Not really, it was just what sounded good.
4.    How do you describe it? 
       ==>    All of my favorite ingredients on one sandwich, perfection!
5.    Why did you choose these particular burger components? 
       ==>    See #4
6.    Why Lamb? 
       ==>    You can rarely order a lamb burger unless you're at a restaurant. So it was a nice option for lunch... not to mention it's my favorite meat!
7.    What tactics have you used to market your burger?  Do you think you'll get MGR to #1? 
       ==>    Actually, I haven't really "marketed" the MGR lamb burger.  I tell friends and family about it when we walk by the store, but maybe I should launch a campaign to get MGR to the top... thanks for the suggestion.
8.    Is it true that you brought your Mom into 4food to witness your chart success? Or is that story an urban legend? 
       ==>    It's true.  She was visiting the city and we were in the neighbor hood so I had to show her my bow tie on the menu.
9.    What did she think? 
       ==>    She thought it was another crazy/fun idea that would only happen in NYC.
10.    What do you do with the 4food-$ you have earned? 
       ==>    Buy more MGR lamb burgers!
11.    What does 4food mean to you?
       ==>    Likes: You can really "have it your way"!  I also like that I can order on-line from my desk, walk to the end of the block and it’s ready!
       ==>    Dislikes: If I forget to order on-line, you have to wait a while in the store.

ON THE BUILDBOARD CHART:

In chart news this week, viral video star Antoine Dodson was arrested Saturday in Alabama for marijuana possession and other minor offenses. Antoine Dodson is the inspiration for jennydeluxe’s Buildboard monster, the Brioche-Beef-RedCabbageSlaw-Swiss-Lettuce-Tomato-Pickle-BBQ-Ketchup Bed Intruder Burger. Judging by his tweets, Dodson age 24, isn't all that upset about it. "Let me be the first to tell it! So just got out of jail off a weak charge!" Dodson said in a Saturday afternoon tweet. "Got pulled over in my Benz and they got me. I’ve never been in jail except that time in grade school." Antoine, best wishes from all of us at 4food, and should you pass by - your meal is on us.  You see that grass really is greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment